Moto E4 , Poor Cell Reception

Moto E4
Talk and text plan 3.0

Issue Description

I have a Moto E4 for my wife. We are on wifi most of the time (90% +) We rae in an area that shows good coverage for GSM. Regrettably, we are having too many calls that have poor reception, or cannot make a call at all. Bluetooth is on all of the time since my wife has to use it with her hearing aids. However, turning off bluetooth and using the speakerphone does not improve the situation. These areas are spotty even when we are out of the car, or in the open. My wife is confined to a wheelchair, so, she has limitations on her mobility. My 1st Generation Moto G which of course is CDMA has good reception in all of the areas I have listed in my trouble ticket. My trouble Ticket Number is #1255545. I am hoping there is a solution to this problem. The steps I have taken is to restart the phone when this happens to see if it will find a stronger tower. I was reluctant to use the GSM carrier due to post I had read about previously. The GSM carrier had claimed they had improved coverage in this area. Thank you

I will add,I just now remembered to provided the specific addresses where we have encountered cell reception problems, as requested by the help center? Please excuse my lack of detail, I have seldom had a problem. The Moto E4 is on wifi almost around the clock on most days. I will admit, to day was very annoying as we received or missed five calls. I know there are times when calls will drop. I was struck by the difference in virtually no signal strength on GSM, and full bars on CDMA. I realize the CDMA Carrier is supposedly the carrier with less coverage, but, in my case, I almost never have a problem on my Moto G 1st generation. I hope there is a solution to this.

1 Like

Hi @pauls.i2l633,

I’ve checked on your ticket and added a few details from what you’ve posted here. The agent who has been working on your ticket is absolutely tops, and I have no doubt he’ll be able to get this taken care of for you.

Please continue to work in the ticket, as this will be something our agents have to solve, and not something our Community can talk you through.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to work through this with you. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help.

Thank you Southpaw.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer