Moto e6 loses IMEI and phone number

What phone do you have? Moto e6

What plan are you on? Purchased Dec 2019

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Usually talk and text

Issue Description

once recently the phone lost its Phone number and IMEI. We know of no physical disturbance to the sim card, which came already installed. Fortunately we were able to reactivate the phone. Has anyone else in the community had this issue? Thank you

Hi @larryb.hcyuvb,

The few times we’ve seen phones lose their IMEI were Moto G6 phones that lost theirs after one specific Android update.

Can you tell us how or where you looked up the IMEI number and what you see in its place?

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Since we were able to reactivate my wife’s phone, I have been sloppy in follow up. We saw the issue in that the IMEI and the phone number were actually blank on her phone. At the time I did not have the documentation on the IMEI, so I didn’t know how to proceed. The good news was that by doing the reactivation process it was able to reidentify the device, and the values were reestablished. I am not sure where it found the smarts to do this but it did. There have been no more occurrences of this loss, so we hope it behaves going forward. One of the reasons I reached out to the community was to check that this is not a chronic issue with the e6. Thanks again for your pursuing the question

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer