Moto g 1st gen volume

I have a moto g 1st gen. The volume button won’t let me make the volume go higher,it is stuck on low. I won’t hear text notifications but, will hear when the phone rings.Sometimes it will be normal & I will get the text notifications. What could be making the volume stick in the off position?

0 Likes

Let’s see if some basic maintenance helps with this volume issue. Please clear the Android System Cache/Partition. It will take about 20 minutes and it will NOT delete personal information:

1. Turn off your phone and remove any charging cables.

2. With the phone off, press and hold both the VOL DOWN and POWER buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds, then release both buttons.

3. The phone will display different boot options. Use VOL DOWN to scroll through the options to RECOVERY MODE and press the VOL UP button to select.

4. The phone will display the Motorola logo, then the Android figure lying down with an exclamation point with the words No Command underneath. Press and hold the POWER button and tap the VOL UP button. Note: If you wait too long to perform this step, the phone will reboot and you’ll need to start the process again.

5. The phone will display additional menu options, with text in blue. Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the POWER button to select it. The cache wipe will begin immediately.

6. After the Cache Wipe is complete, the blue text menu items will reappear, with “Reboot system now” highlighted. Press the POWER button to select it.

When this is completed, press volume. Do you see the sliding volume bar? If so can you slide it to the right with your finger and/or button?

If not, please go to Settings
Sound & Notifications

Are you able to slide over the volume bar here with your finger?

Please let us know how you are progressing.

0 Likes

Well, that made the volume work for about a day then, it went back to the off position.When I slide the volume on the screen it just repositions itself to off. If I push the volume down button it will activate the vibrate mode. I don’t believe that the volume switch is defective.

0 Likes

If you put the phone into Safe Mode, does the volume then work? If it does, there is an app that is the trouble maker.

To get to Safe Mode:

Press the power button
When you get the Power Off option, give it a 2 second press then release
You should get another option to enter Safe Mode
Tap OK.

To get out of Safe Mode, restart the phone.

Also please go to Settings
Sounds & Notifications
Scroll down to Interruptions
Scroll down to Downtime
Do you see days and times set? If so this could be cause of your troubles with volume.

0 Likes

Hello, I cleared the Android System Cache/Partition again and the volume
has been working correctly for 2 days now. Thank you much!

0 Likes

Glad to be of assistance! Thank you for letting the Community know of your good results!

0 Likes

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer