Moto-G 1st generation

My Moto G says- no storage space, cannot send or receive messages. I could not find a SD card slot on this phone either, am I missing something here? other than clearing up old texts, and videos/pictures, how can I increase the storage space? I am looking forward to buying a new phone?

Notable Newbies: Welcome!

Sorry, but it’s either housekeeping or buying a new phone. One good way to remove pictures is by using the Photos app to clean up (remove) your photos and put them here:

If the phone is working well and the only issue is storage, sure continue to use the phone.

I suggest you clear the Android System Cache Partition to make more room on your phone. Especially if you’ve updated the OS in the past, those downloaded updates are taking up space on your phone. This will not delete any personal information and it may take up to 20 minutes to complete:

Once completed move your photos to either the cloud or a computer. Moto G1 gen does not have an SD card, so it’s best to get the photos off the phone.

If storage is still an issue, think about the apps you don’t use and uninstall them through Google Play Store.

Open Google Play Store
Tap on the 3 bars in the upper left corner
Tap on My Apps & Games
Tap on Installed

Go through the list. Once you’ve uninstalled what you don’t want, restart the phone.

You should have more space on the phone with these few suggestions. If not, please let us know so we can provide further suggestions.

As a side note, when you go to Settings > Apps on your phone, what size does it say for Republic Wireless app and Telephony app?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.