Moto G (3rd gen) Does not Ring or Notify for email or text

Issue Description

I have no sound. The phone doesn’t ring nor does it notify my if I have an email or text. Started yesterday. I rebooted it several times without success.

0 Likes

Go to Settings, Sound & Notification and tell is if you hear anything when you manipulate the Media sound bar.

1 Like

also, pull the notification shade down from the top and check if Do not Disturb is active

2 Likes

Also, press and hold the volume up button and see if ALL is selected at the top of the screen.

1 Like

open the Moto Help App :motohelp: from the App Drawer :appsicon: and run a speaker test

other thing to check is the interruption setting in android setting
setting --> sounds and notifications --> interruption
see what the downtime is setup for
same thing for the Moto Assist setting in the Moto App

Edit we now know that the phone failed a speaker test

1 Like

Nothing

0 Likes

Couldn’t find Do Not Disturb

0 Likes

I don’t have your model but as I recall there are sleep settings in the Moto app that will silence the phone.

1 Like

All is open and no sound.

0 Likes

I don’t have any sleep settings.

0 Likes

if you are getting no sounds out of the speaker test you may have a hardware failure in the speaker

0 Likes

I don’t have it silenced during the day.

0 Likes

I did run the speaker test and it said I may have a problem with the
speakers

0 Likes

What do you suggest that I do? Do I take this phone to get it fixed?

0 Likes

How do I get this fixed?

0 Likes

@judys.js6qfz
you can try a local cell repair shop and see if it the speaker can be fixed or replaces (I really don’t know what the cost of this would be)
here a nation wide change of shops that have done good service to other Republic members in the past

0 Likes

Thanks

0 Likes

They said $80 plus tax.

0 Likes

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/p/30,6720,9390//

1 Like

Hi @judys.js6qfz,

Before you spend any money having the phone repaired or replaced, would you please try one more thing? Instructions are here, and you will not lose any personal content on the phone:

1 Like

Message an
Expert customer