Moto G 3rd gen slow

My moto G 3rd generation has been operating very slowly. all apps have a delayed opening and seem to respond slowly. Battery doesn’t seem to hold charge as long. I moved a lot of apps to the SD card. Could that have caused my problem. Thanks

@cyrilp.b Try clearing the Android System Cache. Steps found here:

Clearing the Cache – Republic Help

That sounds like it may be hung up doing something other that what want it to.

• 3rd party apps can be eliminated as a cause by booting up in Safe Mode (Power button, then long press the ‘Power Off’ until a you will get a pop-up allowing you to ‘Reboot to safe mode’ … Select OK
    • If this fixes, then a bad app or recently updated app would be at fault

Thank you very much. I cleared the cache, which I do periodically, as you suggested and also did the safe mode boot as jben suggested. It seemed to be performing a little faster. I am going to try to avoid the factory reset, at least for the time being. Thank you again for your help.

Thank you very much. I cleared the cache, which I do periodically, as you and michellen suggested and also did the safe mode boot as you suggested. It seemed to be performing a little faster. I am going to try to avoid the factory reset, at least for the time being. Thank you again for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.