Moto G (3rd generation) will not text phots

I have a Moto G 3rd generation. The plan is talk & text. I have had no problems texting photos in the past, but about a month ago, the phone stopped texting photos. I also do not always receive texts anymore, either.

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

Hi @sarag.a4v0ao Can you tell me which app you’re using for texting? Does it have a green icon like this :messaging: or a blue one like this :messages: ?

1 Like

Green icon

Thanks!

You should shift to :messages: Google Messages as it and Republics Anywhere are the only ones supported

4 Likes

To follow-up to @jben’s correct answer, the reason that app isn’t supported any more is because Google (who makes it) discontinued it several years ago and replaced it with the supported alternative, Messages. The fact that it hasn’t been updated causes a number of problems the most common one being that picture and group texting fail. Switching to Google’s Messages should solve the issue for you.

2 Likes

Is this ever going to be a dumb question, but how exactly do I make this switch to Google’s Messages. Thanks so much for your help.
—Sara

Here is a help article on installing Messages by Google (the article states that it is for newer phones, but the instructions should be the same for your phone):

One thing you’ll want to check is that you have disabled RCS chat features in the app (chat features are not supported and can cause issues with message delivery):

2 Likes

I just install it. Duh.
Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.
—Sara

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer