Today, Motorola began the Maintenance Release (MR) soak for the Moto G4 and G4 PLUS. Please see below for release notes and instructions on how to install this update.
Moto G4 and G4 PLUS MR
- Build Number: NPJ25.93-13
- Android™ 7.0 Nougat
- December 2016 Android security patch
- See a full list of enhancements in Motorola’s Release Notes
Please note: As this MR is being progressively deployed over a longer period of time than previous updates, it may take longer than usual for it to be available for everyone.
Installing the Update
Please follow the instructions below to install a system update on your Moto G4 and G4 PLUS.
- Go to Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Tap Update Motorola software.
- If the update is available to you, you’ll see a pop-up notification asking you to download. Tap Download.
- When the download is complete, tap Install now.
- After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically.
If you run into any issues, please contact Republic Help.