Moto G 5 Plus Battery Life

I woke up this morning and phone seems to be back to normal battery life! I tweeted Motorola Support- they told me that after a few days of installing the update- it should stabilize, I guess my phone did- today’s the first day in a few days that I haven’t had a single issue.

I just downloaded the latest update to my Moto G5, and now it won’t hold a charge. Anyone else having this problem? What can I do to fix it?

Issue Description

Don’t know if this will help, you might give it read.
How to fix Motorola Moto G5 Plus that became completely dead and won’t turn on

Update: You might also want to read this thread, which may be more relevant than the previous page.
https://forums.republicwireless.com/t/moto-g-5-plus-battery-life/23154

Hi @amyh.oteh3c,

I’ve merged your question into a topic where others have reported a similar experience, and @courtneym.ro533u reports that the issue resolved itself after a few days, something Motorola apparently confirmed.

It’s been 6 days for me and my phone is still draining in a few hours. I guess I’ll have to try the steps @robertt.z6izvy posted above.

My phone went back to normal the next day. All I did was shut it down and turn it back on a couple times. I’m not sure if that did anything or not, but I haven’t had an issue since the day I did the update. Since then, I’ve been back to roughly 1.5-2 days to drain the battery. Glad that’s over! :slight_smile:

Hope the rest of you find answers!

I forgot to post this. Yes, Motorola confirmed that your phones should stabilize on their own. Mine did, I haven’t had a battery issue in days! Hope you all get your phones back to normal soon!