Moto G Play vs. G Power

The only feature I really prefer on the Power is the camera. Opinions. Is the Power’s camera worth $100? Any experience with a 48 MP camera after having had a 13 MP camera?

There is only one example in Moto G7 Power photo samples, but it is awesome! You may want to check it out, then go to the breadcrumbs at the top and check out the Play’s entries

Thanks. Will do.

Hi @normc,

We have Motorola to thank for the conundrum, however, the Moto G7 Power, the 2020 Moto G Power (8th generation) and the 2021 Moto G Power (9th generation) are different phones.

The sample my friend @jben pointed you to was not taken on a 2021 Moto G Power (the model currently for sale at Republic’s online store). There does not yet seem to be photo samples taken with either the 2021 Moto G Play or the 2021 Moto G Power models you are considering. Perhaps, that will change before you make your decision but perhaps not?

In the event no one steps forward with samples or an opinion regarding whether the 2021 Moto G Power’s camera is worth the additional $100; you might consider going ahead and purchasing the 2021 Moto G Play. Republic offers a 14-day money back guarantee. Should you find the 2021 Moto G Play’s camera lacking, you would be able to return it, then purchase the 2021 Moto G Power.

Of course; regardless of which model you decide to purchase, we would love it if you posted photo samples! :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I have ordered the Play. I will try to get some pics ASAP.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer