MOTO G Power 2020: On Cell vs. WiFi

What phone do you have? MOTO G Power 2020

What plan are you on? My Choice Talk & Text + 1 GB Cell Data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? My Choice Talk & Text + 1 GB Cell Data

Issue Description

I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY MY PHONE REPEATEDLY TELLS ME “CALLS ARE ON CELL, MESSAGES & DATA ARE ON WIFI”. EVERYTHING SHOULD BE ON WIFI. WHY DOES IT SAY THAT?

Tough to say without more info. Is this on home WiFi, work WiFi, or roaming around town WiFi. The good news is that it doesn’t cost you a penny more to make/receive calls over cellular.

I think someone solved this mystery. But I still don’t know the meaning of the icon which looks like a slightly open circle with a plus sign in center. What is that, please? /rose

That sounds like the Data Saver Feature:

1 Like

Is is not good to activate the Data Saver? I thought I would be “saving data” somehow. Am I causing malfunctions somewhere?

A quick follow-through on one of the references included in the Republic Help article that @SuperT referenced, provides the following

Additional Notes
Republic Wireless phones use the Republic Wireless app to manage the phone services we enjoy. Since many phones don’t recognize our app as a native app or pre-installed app, having the Data Saver enabled or turned on may result in interference with texting, calling, data access, etc. For these reasons, if you experience any issues with calling/texting while Data Saver is enabled , we recommend disabling the data saving feature to see if it could be a part of the problem . This is especially true for third-party apps intended to regulate or reduce data usage.

If you want to disable Data saver, please refer to How to Turn off Data Saver.

2 Likes

You might find the Data Freeze feature useful @rosed.udu3kk :slight_smile:

Here is a little reading explaining what it is, why it’s different from “Data Saver” and how to activate it :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer