Moto G power for Extend Home

Will the Extend Home work with a new Moto G Power? I just purchased a one but don’t see that option under any of my phones. Also the unit came with a SIM card and I’m not sure what that is for?

Hi @jamt96 and welcome to the Member Community. The Extend Home requires you have an active phone number on an RW My Choice (4.0) Plan. I am a little confused by your question – Is the Moto G Power active on your RW account? If so, you should just need to associate the Extend Home with your phone.

Here’s a couple of links for the Extend Home that might help.

The document for Extend Home Set Up and Number Association has detailed instructions for associating the Extend Home with your phone.

Here’s a screen capture to point you in the right direction under your account portal.

Capture

The Extend Home does not require a SIM so I’m not sure what that’s for…unless you purchased the Moto G Power and the Extend Home at the same time from RW. If so, the SIM could be for the phone. If you’ll clarify we can help point to the steps needed to install the SIM and activate the phone on RW.

2 Likes

Hi @jamt96,

If you’re asking about the SIM shipped with the Extend Home adapter itself, it would be used to activate a compatible Republic mobile phone, which is required to use Republic’s Extend Home adapter. It is not used with the adapter itself. Presuming the referenced Moto G Power is already active, you may set the SIM aside for potential future use in a compatible Republic mobile phone.

3 Likes

Hi @jamt96,

If you have assigned users on your account, the assigned user would have to be the one logged in to see the option the Extend My Phone.

1 Like

Ok, so even though I’m the account owner, I need to sign into the phone I want use with the extend home device. What about the SIM card that came in the box, what do I do with it?

Hi @jamt96,

As @rolandh explained, we include a SIM card with the Extend Home adapter for those people who have bought the adapter and are newly bringing a supported phone to Republic Wireless. We tried to explain that in the paperwork that came with the adapter in the “Already a member” section. You can just set it aside in case you suddenly find you need a SIM card sometime in the future, or pass it along to a friend who might want to give us a try.

1 Like

Thanks got it, appreciate all the help.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer