Moto G Power is now available in the Republic Wireless online store!

The Moto G Power is now available in our online store and supported for BYOP.

:heavy_check_mark: 16 MP triple camera system
:heavy_check_mark: Battery life up to 3 days1
:heavy_check_mark: Max Vision display
:heavy_check_mark: Dual Stereo Speakers tuned by Dolby

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store.

1 Based on laboratory testing. Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, carrier network, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.

We support only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. We do not support carrier-branded or international variants. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or by consulting our Community guidance at How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

4 Likes

Will the G Stylus also be coming to Republic?

If/when Republic is able to release that info, they’ll post an announcement just like for the G8 Power. Until the announcement, we all just have to wait.

Hi @joshh.qc33jp,

Welcome back to our Member Community!

I’ve seen a lot of interest in the G Stylus! What makes you more interested in it than the G Power?

I like:

• More memory
  • Better camera
  • Stylus
  • A little lighter

My wife is super pumped for the G Power because of the battery life. We’re getting that one for her TODAY. I like a few more of the bells & whistles and hope the G Stylus is coming soon!

3 Likes

Surprised that “leading” case makers are behind here. Usually, they’re ready to go on announcement day…if not before. I don’t trust myself to leave the house with an unprotected phone…

Careful! Don’t order any of the cases that show the headphone jack at the top of the phone. The Moto G Power’s headphone jack is most definitely on the bottom of the phone, to the left of the USB-C port.

1 Like

Since that was all of them, I’ve removed my post. This is a first for me. It appears that all case designers were going off one design spec and Motorola delivered something else.

YES!! I ordered one for my wife and I and they are due to arrive Wednesday 4-22! So excited! This is supposed to be such a great mid-level price-point phone with high-end features! Thanks RW!

1 Like

To add to @southpaw’s comments, the G series, 8th generation, is being marketed in the US as the “G Power.” They’ve dropped the “8.”

To make matters worse, there is a Moto G8 Power, which has been sold for a bit longer, and is NOT the same phone. Different layout, different cases.

Here’s the G8 Power:

Here’s the location of G8 Power jack…clearly on top.

Here’s the G Power:

Note jack on bottom.

Caveat Emptor!

4 Likes

For anyone considering this phone, there are other major differences you need to be aware of:

• Moto G Power (Sold/Supported by RW)

• Both carriers (GSM & CDMA)
    • Dual Band WiFi 2.4 & 5 Ghz
  • Moto G8 Power

• Single carrier (GSM Only)
    • WiFi 2.4 Ghz Only
  • Full Specifications side by side GSMARENA

1 Like

Here’s the answer. The G8 Power is NOT sold by Motorola in the US. Any one being sold here is gray market item and without US warranty (and incompatible with Republic). Why Motorola would have chosen such naming is beyond human comprehension.

Seriously, right?

Good sleuthing! After seeing your post, I poked around. It’s not offered by Amazon US, but is on Amazon UK’s site!

Considering this phone is also CDMA, could it be used to replace an old phone on the refund plan? My mother (retired) is on the refund plan and on a fixed income. Having to switch to the newer plan increases her monthly expense phone by nearly 70%! It would be great if RW allows a simple phone swap/upgrade without the more expensive plan.

The Refund plan was discontinued in July 2016. Only phones from before that time (The Republic versions of the Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 or E2) are able to keep that plan.

Since the Power and Stylus are currently listed as CDMA and GSM does anyone know if they will automatically ship with the correct SIM for your area of service? When I replaced my parents old X2 with the G7 I had to go through some extra steps to get CDMA cards sent out.

They will come with the SIM that Republic’s systems THINK is best for your area. That doesn’t always equate to what is actually best.

Hi @patrickm.17raig,

The steps are here if you should need them again, and our Help Team can see which SIM card was included in your order once the order ships, so you would not need to wait to receive the order to make this request.

Message an
Expert customer