Moto G Stylus 2021 or wait?

Hey all,
I just wanted to see from people that had a Moto G Stylus 2021 for a while now how the phone has been for you? I’ve been on a Moto G5S+ for a while and considering my options for an upgrade. Part of it, I’ve realized that sometimes I may speak in what I believe to be the standard position that the mic may not pick me up correctly so I sound a bit “far away” as some put it. But if I do the whole putting the mic directly in front of me almost like I have speaker mode on and I’m at a loud market, they hear me perfectly fine. Coming at the end of the month, I’ve had this for 3 years. This phone has served me well, but I think its time to get ready for something better.

The stylus version seems like my best bet, but I’m wondering if I should attempt to wait just to see if in the next few months if RW is gonna allow the Moto G Stylus 5G. Normally, my idea is purchase a phone, hope it works for 3-4 years and then the cost is basically divided well enough per year. Since the years would fall where I would think 5G would begin to stabilize in certain areas when not on WiFi, I figure it best to go 5G, but then the 5G Ace would be the current best bet (and yes, I know the 5G isn’t working yet according to the phone information), though it wouldn’t have the stylus which would mean a separate purchase and carrying that around. Also, I’d prefer not going overboard on the pricing which is why I am not looking at the S20 or S21 (though the Android Desktop feature does seem a little appealing from a tech enthusiast’s perspective).

So thoughts?

I’ve been happy with my Moto G Stylus 2021 since I bought it back in January. With the lockdowns and all, I’ve had lengthy phone calls, 45 minutes at a time, with no complaints from people I’ve called.

I guess I MIGHT have bought the 5G one if it were available to use here on RW, just to have the latest and greatest, but I don’t even buy data, so I’m not a good one to ask about the 5G thing. So I saved a lot of money there.

I never use the stylus. I have a Samsung tablet, and Samsung S-pens with the Wacom tech built into the screen have ruined all other styli for me. :joy: But all the other specs, plus the reasonable price, sold me on it. It’s very large (I’m one that actually wanted a very large display), and the screen is very attractive.

Hopefully some others will add their thoughts.

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I have also heard from a social network that they have had no issues with their phone and have enjoyed it for a while. Just wanting more confirmation.

But I will ask, since you don’t use the stylus, what do you do with it? Just leave it in the holster or just took it out and covered the slot?

1 Like

I just leave it in the slot that was made for it. I have no reason to remove it and cover the hole.

1 Like

Ah ok. Again thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I bought a moto g stylus 2020 a month ago love battery lasts all day under heavy usage great features

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer