Moto G1 reset passcode

What phone do you have? Original MotoG

What plan are you on? Need to reactivate

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Need to reactivate

Issue Description

Original MotoG1. Purchased from Republic and activated. Wife had a problem and called Republic who she says did something to change the passcode. How do I reset the passcode so that I can reactivate phone for use on Republic?

What passcode are you referring to? Republic has no ability to change the passcode/PIN to get in to the phone itself. Is that what you’re referring to?

Or perhaps you’re referring to the passcode used to sign-in to your Republic account? If so, that can be reset using the link here: https://auth.republicwireless.com/forgot

I understand. Somehow my wife reset the passcode to the phone itself unknowingly when online trying to get support. How do I reset the phone to remove the passcode?

Unfortunately the only way to do that is with an “external reset” following the appropriate directions here: How to Factory Reset Your Phone Note that you’ll need to sign-in to the phone, using the same Google credentials that are on the phone prior to the reset.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer