Moto G3 a 2 year old phone

Hello, thank you for your help.

I have a Moto G3 and it is roughly two years old. I have noticed over the past month the processing speed has slowed down, it tends to get hot (even when it is on and just in my pocket), the battery is running out quicker than usual and the touch screen does not respond sometimes after the first couple of touches.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your wisdom in this matter.

If the battery is running hot, it is highly likely that a third-party app on your phone is screwing up and causing the processor on your phone to constantly run at maximum cycles. It could also be a malware app running in the background doing who-knows-what. But, my bet would be a misbehaving third-party app. You can determine if this is the case by restarting the phone in Safe mode and using it with third-party apps for a day or two. If you don’t have any problems in Safe mode, then, for sure, the problem is being caused by a third-party app, maxing out the processor. The processor is air cooled and, since air cooling in a closed phone case is not very efficient, the heat builds up quickly. The battery also heats up as it is quickly drained. This will shorten the battery’s useful life span.

1 Like

Hi @carlg.nu6ucw

In addition to @beachb’s excellent insight, I would also suggest the Clearing the Cache – Republic Help procedure.

My Fathers G3 was at a point of frustration for him that he was ready to upgrade devices I convinced him to troubleshoot, and rid his phone of the Facebook app, and to use a browser for FB instead,

Been a month or two, and his phone is fine again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer