Moto G3, stock messaging app is terrible. Can anyone recommend a better SMS app to install on my phone?

What phone do you have? Moto G3

What plan are you on? Monthly 1gB data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Talk and Text, wireless data free

SMS messages sometimes delayed for hours, sometimes not received by recipient, sometimes messages from others not received by me. I cannot trust the app. My wife thought I was just not responding to her, but then it started happening to her too. Updates haven’t helped. The stock app sucks so bad that I am going to try to find another app if anyone can suggest one that works with the Republic system.

Example: today I sent 5 SMS texts to a friend about a basketball game in progress. He got them an hour after the game ended

Issue Description

Moto G3, have 1 gB monthly data but hardly use any, plan is talk, text, wireless data free. Standard Republic plan when I signed up 2+ years ago

The stock Text Messaging app on the old Legacy phones is outdated and no longer supported.

You will need to install Messages by Google or Republic Anywhere and set that as your default messaging app.

Hopefully that will help with your texting issues.
Otherwise,

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer