Moto G4 Play Still Available?

Earlier this week, I was on the Republc Site & looking to purchase the Moto G4 Play phone for my mom. At the time, it was in stock & compatible w/my Zip. The last few days, I’ve noticed it was out of stock and today, I don’t even see the phone listed anymore. I found the model #, ordered it elsewhere, & went back on the Republic Site to order a Sim card (in the “Bring Your Own Phone” section). I’m now seeing a message that says the phone isn’t compatible in my area. So, will this phone still work w/Republic? 55904 is my zip. Thanks

Hi @justins.tihavw!

Ok, a few different things here-bear with me.

First, the Moto G4 Play is not available anymore. I know they were running on limited stock with no plans to restock so I think it’s gone for good.

Second, regarding the message, that means that Republic’s GSM partner coverage is not adequate for your location. However, Republic does have a CDMA partner that has better coverage. The SIM that you can buy is only for GSM. Republic does not sell CDMA SIM cards. All that being said, I would go ahead and buy a Republic SIM and see how it work. If your coverage is terrible, you can open a support ticket and Republic agents should be able to move you over to their CDMA partner.

I hope that helps! If any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask!

mb2x

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.