Moto G4 will not make roaming calls

All calls fail when roaming on my Moto G4.

Make sure you do not have roaming data turned off on your phone. We need it on to complete outbound calls on cell.

Data roaming was turned on while I was roaming, but calls still failed.

seanr
Republic Admin

January 9

Make sure you do not have roaming data turned off on your phone. We need it on to complete outbound calls on cell.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sent: Jan 8, 2018 9:49 PM

Subject: [Republic Community] [Questions & Answers] Moto G4 will not make roaming calls

Hello @ronaldm.2b3dhy

Roaming will always be hit and miss, Republic has no real connection to their carrier partners roaming partners
some roaming towers (and whole roaming areas) do not provide any data to those that roam on their network which can be an issue as Republic likes to have a little data to assist in routing calls (a work around would be to have dialed the number recently on a WiFi connection then it should work with out having the data (as Republic would already know how to route the call (the backup routing is by touch-tone but is unreliable)

a few followup questions
have calls worked on Native coverage ?
do you know which carrier partner your phone is configured for? I ask as perhaps you get better coverage on the other carrier
dial *#*#786#*#* on your phone if you get a Sprint menu then you are on the CDMA partner (Sprint) if no menu then you are on the GSM partner (T-Mobile)

If on the CDMA partner one can try to update the PRL, on WiFi go to Setting–> More --> Cellular Networks --> Carrier Setting --> update the PRL (Republic’s PRL update Moto G4)

edit to update link from Sprints instructions to Republic’s

This is both accurate and documented by Republic here: How to Update the Preferred Roaming List on a 3.0 Motorola Phone – Republic Help. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.