Moto G5 plus hangs up when the person I'm calling answers

calling

I have a Moto G5 plus and I’m on the basic talk and text plan (no data).

The issue.
When I try to call someone on cell (full bars too) it will ring, and when they answer I hear their voice for a split second then my phone ends the call.
However, I sometimes can receive and anwser calls from the person I tried to call. Texting works just fine. But, I have yet to be able to make a call on my cell service for the past 3 weeks.
I’ve never had this problem before, and I’ve always been able to make calls in this area. I’ve tried restarting my phone multiple times and that has not solved the problem. Also my calls work perfectly on wifi, the problem seems to be my cell service? I could use some help. :frowning:

Hi @steveg.st0cwd,

Since you specifically mention the experience is limited to cell, I suggest we start by determining which type of SIM your phone is using. Here’s how: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help. A zip code for the area where you’re having this unfortunate experience would be helpful as well.

I have a GSM SIM card. And could I pm you my zip code?

Certainly!

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.