Moto G5 Plus - "phone keeps stopping" error

What phone do you have? Moto G5 Plus

What plan are you on? My Choice +2GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes data

Issue Description

Phone app does not work. A window popped up stating, “phone keeps stopping”, with the only option being to close the app. Restarting the phone did not help. Quick research led to clearing data and cache of the phone app, but calls still cannot be made.

Thank you in advance.

Did you restart the phone after clearing data and cache? As I understand matters, this would be necessary for any changes to take effect.

Yes. I’ve even disabled, restarted, enabled, restarted, but the same issue is present.

I found a report in another forum by a user who solved a similar problem using these steps:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps and Notification
  3. Select Phone
  4. Select Advanced
  5. Select Modify system settings
  6. Be sure the option to modify is enabled.

A second option is to restart you phone in Safe Mode. If the Phone app works then, you may have another app that is causing issues for the Phone app.

If neither of these options is helpful, maybe @rolandh or @louisdi or @southpaw or another more knowledgeable member will be able to give some attention to your issue.

1 Like

Thank you for your persistence. We’ve resorted to a factory reset - account restoration was successful and the whole process was pretty quick. The issue is thankfully gone.

2 Likes

Glad to learn the issue is gone! :slightly_smiling_face: Sorry to see that you had to resort to a factory reset. :slightly_frowning_face: Glad that account restoration has become easier than it used to be. Good luck!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer