Moto G5 Plus Ringtone Delay

What phone do you have? Moto G5 Plus
What plan are you on? 1GB Choice
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data and talk

Issue Description

I apologize in advance if this has been dealt with elsewhere. I did a search and couldn’t find anything similar.
I received my new Moto G5 Plus today. I have activated it. The problem is that when receiving a call the ringtone will sound very quietly two times and then will go to full volume. If I have the vibrate feature activated the phone will vibrate twice and then the ringtone begins.
Is this a feature that I’m not aware of? If it is, how do I turn it off? This quiet delay will cause me to miss calls and that’s not acceptable.
All volume settings (in Settings) are at 100%. I’ve tried various ringtones, they all behave the same. I have rebooted several times to no avail. I have only added a couple of apps (Smart Tip Calculator, Signal Check Lite, Republic Anywhere).
Thank you in advance.

This problem is discussed here in the Lenovo Forums … described as ascending ringtone. This doesn’t appear to have a published fix. You may want to Contact Motorola

I have the same problem. What did you end up doing? (I’m on chat with Motorola Support, and she’s asking me to do all these tests and steps, and the next step is factory reset. A lot of trouble.)

Apparently this is a “feature”, not a fixable problem. I have decided to just live with it. It hasn’t been a big problem for me. I’m not a heavy phone user though. Not too many mission critical calls come through my phone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.