Moto G5 Plus vs Moto X Pure Edition

Trying to decide between the Moto X Pure Edition and the Moto G5 Plus.

What is the largest MicroSD card the Moto G5 Plus will support? The X page says “MicroSD slot supports up to 128GB expandable”. The G5 page merely says “MicroSD slot”.

The X apparently is larger, older, and has a larger sharper display.

Is there any other significant difference I’m missing? Recommendations between the two?

From Motorola website moto g plus (5th gen.) - premium unlocked cell phone | Motorola US

storage (ROM)

32 GB/64 GB internal, up to 128 GB microSD Card support

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?p=4883,5425

the Pure is almost 2 years older at this point while the G5 plus does not have NFC

Well, you went to a lot of trouble; thanks. I don’t think NFC means much to me. My current phone has it and I’ve never used it. Had to look it up to see what it was. I guess it comes down to the X has a better display and less native memory. But then you can bump it up via the MicroSD. I’ve never used MicroSD in a phone and I’m presuming that it is just seamless memory once installed, correct?

Good luck with the popcorn sales thing. Am I further correct in assuming that a 66 year old man is getting technical advice from a Cub Scout?

well it’s my son that a cub scout (cub scouts are elementary age (5-10 years)

NFC is mainly used for android pay (which can be faster than the current chips in credit cards)

Message an
Expert customer