Moto G5s plus cannot complete calls, disconnects spontaneously

I have a Moto G5s Plus and am on the My Choice Talk & Text plan. This problem has come up in the past few months, both while I am away from wifi and using wifi.

My problem is that I try to make a call and my phone spontaneously disconnects after I hear a few rings.

Because it happens on both cell and wifi, I’m inclined to think it is not my router / ISP, but I sure hope to find a solution since I have really liked being a Republic customer for several years but not being able to make a phone call is a big problem!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Hi @j.j ,

Welcome to Republic’s Member Community :slight_smile:

Please give these two things a try and let us know if it helps:

1 Like

Hi @SuperT,
I did both of those reset procedures and it seemed to have helped - at least for the wifi calls. I will update about cell calls and thanks for the recommendations!

-JJ

1 Like

@SuperT Tried to make a call today and the phone hangs up before it even rings. I refreshed the RW Wireless Activation and reset my Network Settings and still no luck. It’s so frustrating to not be able to make a phone call with my phone! Any other suggestions?

I’m sorry @j.j I can’t think of anything else to try. :disappointed:

If the Community doesn’t pop in with any other suggestions… I suggest opening a ticket to work with Republic on the issue. Let them know what you tried here in the Community.

I would love to know the fix for this! :thinking:

If you can, please come back and post what it turns out to be so we can know for future situations. :slight_smile:

Hi @j.j - looks like @SuperT has covered a lot of ground. As a last resort I often try placing the phone in Safe Mode to see if there are any 3rd party apps causing an issue. Kind of a long shot but might be worth a try.

And opening a ticket is always an option :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @SuperT and @freddyp ! I appreciate the help and I will open a ticket and update this thread.

-Jennifer

2 Likes

Hi @SuperT and @freddyp,

Just wanted to update this thread - Ericka and Rose from the Republic Help team reached out and let me know that there is an ongoing outage of a T-Mobile tower near me and might have been the cause of my cell connectivity problems.

They also let me know that two of the apps (Duck Duck Go browser, Bitdefender Antivirus Free) on my phone may be thwarting the completion of wifi phone calls and suggested I uninstall those apps and refresh the Republic Wireless Activation to see if that helps with completing calls. As of now, I seem to be able to complete calls and so have not tried uninstalling those two apps.

Thanks again for your help!
Jennifer

4 Likes
Message an
Expert customer