Moto G5S Plus, Samsung J3 and Samsung J7 Now Available at Republic Wireless!

phones

Today, we’re excited to announce that the Moto G5S Plus, Samsung J3, and Samsung J7 are all now available to order in our online store! Both the Samsung J3 and J7 will join the G5S+ on our list of BYOP devices as well!
See below for some key features and full tech specs.

Moto G5S Plus

KEY FEATURES

• All-metal unibody design
  • Dual 13 MP cameras with enhanced software
  • Big screen, fast performance
  • All-day battery and TurboPower™ charging
  • Multi-function fingerprint reader
  • SIM card included

More Tech Specs…

Samsung J3

KEY FEATURES

• 5.0" HD Display
  • 2600 mAh battery
  • 16 GB internal memory
  • 5 MP auto-focus camera + 2 MP front camera
  • 4G LTE
  • SIM card included

More Tech Specs…

Samsung J7

KEY FEATURES

• 5.5" HD Display
  • 3300 mAh battery
  • 16 GB internal memory
  • 8 MP auto-focus camera + 5 MP front camera
  • 4G LTE
  • SIM card included

More Tech Specs…

Samsung phones Galaxy J phones
Will there be any holiday discounts for the Samsung phones?

Are there any plans to carry the 64GB Moto G5s+ in the future?

Republic doesn’t pre-announce its announcements. Anyone who knows isn’t saying and anyone who is saying doesn’t know.

I believe the 64GB version is supported through BYOD. Model #: XT1806

That’s correct. I interpreted “carry” as meaning to be sold in the store, as opposed to “support”. But you could be correct.

What is exactly meant by the Samsung j7 can be extended to 256? Is that like an SD card, and if it is an SD card what exactly can be put in the SD card?

Hi @dantheboxer95,

Extending storage in Samsung’s Galaxy J7 is indeed accomplished via an optional MicroSD card. All the usual things (pictures, music, videos) may be stored on that MicroSD card. Android 6 (Marshmallow) introduced adoptable storage (which essentially integrates the MicroSD storage with internal storage presenting it as one entity. Anything (including apps) that may be stored in internal memory may be stored on a MicroSD card configured as adoptable storage.

The above said, Samsung by default disabled adoptable storage on its phones running Marshmallow. There are ways (some might call them hacks) to undo Samsung’s failure to implement the feature. I’m uncertain whether Samsung changed this on newer phones like the J7, which run Android 7 (Nougat) rather than Marshmallow. Perhaps, @coreyk, @louisdi and/or @michellen might be able to answer that question as I know all have Samsung phones running Nougat.

Edited to Add:

One final thought; in my experience, adoptable storage isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. MicroSD cards are rarely as fast in terms of read/write speeds as onboard storage. Using adoptable storage tends to slow the phone’s performance down. It’s not generally noticeable using most apps but if one is using gaming apps you might well notice. On the other hand, I wouldn’t suggest a mid-range phone like the J7 for anyone who’s an intensive gamer.

This is with a micro SD card,
I’m not sure if Samsung supports adaptive storage or not
I would put media on this type of service [pictures, music, videos, books {both audio and ebook}, documents]

It is not supported with Nougat either.

I mainly use my phone for music and pictures, as far as apps go i don’t usually have any games at all. would adoptable storage work well for my situation? or should i wait for a cheap phone with more memory?

Storage of music and pictures is perfect use of the microSD card.