Moto G6 activation failed

What phone do you have? Moto G6

What plan are you on? $10

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Just talk and text

Issue Description

I've upgraded from Moto e1 to the G6. Going through the activation process last night. Phone powered up, transferred my data and files fine. Motorola updated then when it tried to update the republic app it said activation failed, open help ticket.

Some please help

Where did you get the phone, RW or someplace else?

from the screen cap I would say the phone is a compatible (else it would say not compatible) and the SIM is install correctly (or it would be asking if you want to buy one)
If you haven’t already I would open a ticket as this is most likely something Republic support would need to address

Help ticket has been opened since last night. No response from RW yet. Hopefully won’t be much longer. Very frustrated.

Republic wireless

This appears to be one of the issues that has happened with some folks and the fulfillment issues. Most people have seen the issue resolve on its own after some time. While you’re waiting for a response on your ticket, continue to try every couple of hours and you may be surprised that it works at some point.

Okay, I’ll do that…stay tuned

Hi @timt.eqmzu5,

I don’t see a ticket open in your name. I see only a conversation with one of our Experts and I’m afraid I haven’t yet had time to fully update them on how to handle the situation you are describing. Please open a ticket so we can this sorted out for you. The Experts do not have the tools at there disposal to fix this issue, which is why the error screen says to open a ticket.

1542979 is the ticket #. It was opened from my wife’s account. I guess this where the confusion has set in.

South Paw, do I need to submit another help ticket from my account for my wife’s Moto G6 activation issue or is the one already submitted (I sent you the #) sufficient?

Thank you

Hi @timt.eqmzu5,

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to get back into Community and no one else thought to reply to you. We only ever need one ticket on a single matter, and that should be from the account associated with the phone.

I reviewed the tickets and it appears the issue has now been resolved. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your efforts to help. After getting the phone activated we liked it so much we bought one for my mother inlaw.

Thanks again,

Tim