Moto g6 does not sync to car

What phone do you have?
I have a moto g6 and a My Choice plan. at one time it was paired to my 2015 Honda CRV, but I reset the phone because it loss network connection frequently. Now I can’t get it to pair with the car.
What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

I have a moto g6 and a My Choice plan. at one time it was paired to my 2015 Honda CRV, but I reset the phone because it loss network connection frequently. Now I can’t get it to pair with the car.
My plan does have data, talk and text.

Generally this has to do with the fact that the car thinks the phone is still synced with it, while the syncing was deleted from the phone in the reset. The solution is to remove the pairing on the car side. I don’t have the vehicle, but a Honda dealer provides this on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGnQlkJuaW4

I’ve had this issue with our 2016 CR-V. You basically have to delete the phone from the car and then re-synch. The exact process depends on the trim level. If you’ve got 1 screen (little backup cam at top of dash) there’s one way, and a different one if you’ve got the 7" screen fancy stereo. Navigate your way to the bluetooth or phone menu on the car and the option to forget the phone is in one of them…I think bluetooth.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer