Moto G6 keyboard above the text

Something is going on with Moto 6. When starting a text the keyboard is at the top of the screen as opposed to the keyboard being at the bottom of the screen
On Google voice, if you press the microphone it appears at the top of the phone covering the microphone so you can’t ask Google a question. If I try to take a screenshot the keyboard disappears. I am using the native app for text. Oh and I re-started the phone and that did not make a difference.

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en - does the keyboard look like this with a tab at the bottom?

2 Likes

Yes It is a gboard, I think it called

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en,

Does the keyboard look like the one in the picture above with a tab on the bottom?

If so, press the tab on the bottom and drag the floating keyboard down to the bottom of the screen. Gboard will go to the normal mode once again at the bottom; disable floating keyboard.

2 Likes

Pic is too small and I cannot see it

1 Like

The main question is, does it have a tab on the bottom?

Here’s a larger picture.

1 Like

That is a better pic. Yes there is tab like that on the bottom

1 Like

Then it looks like the floating Gboard may have been enabled. Simply use the tab on the bottom and drag the floating keyboard down to the bottom of the screen. Gboard will go to the normal mode once again at the bottom; disable floating keyboard.

2 Likes

Where do I disable? Weird I wonder how that happened?

You can manually turn the floating keyboard on/off through Gboard when Gboard is displayed. Tap the three dots on Gboard (next to the little microphone). This will bring up some icons and one icon is labeled “Floating”. Not sure there is a way to “lock” it so it can’t accidentally be enabled. The keyboard on my Moto G6 is small enough, and my fingers are large enough, that it’s easy to accidentally tap the wrong item at the wrong time :grinning:

The easiest way to reset/disable the floating Gboard is to simply use the tab on the bottom and drag the floating keyboard down to the bottom of the screen. Gboard will go to the normal mode once again at the bottom; automatically disabling the floating keyboard. Gboard should stay in normal mode.

Did dragging the floating Gboard to the bottom reset Gboard to normal for you?

1 Like

Yes, it did! Thank you so much for you help, it is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Glad this solved the issue and now you know what to do if it happens again :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer