Moto g6 Play: no sound except for blue tooth headset

What phone do you have? Moto G6 Play

What plan are you on? 1 gig plan

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes data

Issue Description

As of Jun 29, 2019 sound on my Moto G6 Play is no longer working for videos, calls, or general use. The only way sound works is with blue tooth headset. Prior to Jun 29 the sound worked fine.

I checked Settings > Sound > Media volume is maxed. I did a software reset checked/adjusted volume and turned phone off for a few minutes checked/adjusted volume and still no sound.

I am very careful with my electronics and I can confirm this phone has never been dropped. Did some internet searches and it seems that somtimes the moto g6 firmware fails which causes the sound issue.

Any ideas on how to go about fixing this phone?

I bought this phone on Jan 21, 2019.

Please open the Moto Help app on your phone.
Select “Hardware test”
Select “Speaker”
Select “Yes”

Do you hear a sound over the speaker?

After running the Hardware Speaker test I did not hear any sound.

That would indicate this is a hardware problem.

The phone comes with a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty against defect. If you purchased the phone from Republic within the past 12 months, open a support ticket with them. If you purchased the phone from a different source, you should follow-up with them.

You will need to perform a factory data reset as a last step so you could prepare for that now by making sure you have good backups.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer