Moto G6 Questions - Bringing own phone

I’m considering purchasing a Moto G6. I would like the 64GB option which is only available through Amazon. They have various color options, also cheaper, which is listed as an international version (XT1926-6/7) but the model number is different from what is listed as a supported phone (XT1925-6) on RW if you bring your own device. Also, Amazo says there’s no warranty on the intl version…I’m also wondering if I live in a big city if there’s a reason I would not want to automatically be on the GSM network, which I will be if I get a SIM card and my own phone.

Please advise! Can I still go this route, or should I just stick with the RW phone and add an SD card if I need more storage?

The international version is not compatible with Republic, as Republic only supports the US Regional Factory Unlocked version.

All BYOD are on Republic GSM partner

1 Like

Hi @itsalldhamma,

If you don’t mind providing the Zip code, our Community members are always willing to help you evaluate the coverage in a specific area.

Even though our BYOP SIM is with our GSM carrier, some phones are also CDMA-capable, and our support team can provide a CDMA SIM card if you experience coverage issues on one of those phones. The Detailed Supported Phone Features list indicates which phones are CDMA-capable and the steps to request a CDMA SIM are here:

Thanks. I’m in 90019 Los Angeles. So if I purchase a G6 (or other device) elsewhere, you can inform me which SIM card I should get and it will be either GSM or CDMA depending? Whereas that is automatically determined by RW if I purchase a phone from their store?

If that’s where you spend the most of your time, I would go with the GSM partner. While both have great coverage there, the GSM partner’s network is just faster an more reliable in my experience.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer