Moto G6plus suddenly will not charge

What phone do you have? Moto 6gplus

What plan are you on? basic

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Just talk and test

Issue Description

I am not able to charge my phone. I have tried different cables and outlets.

Hi @rosep.n9v51w and welcome to the Member Community. Thank you for eliminating the question of trying different cables and outlets. Must ask - did you also try a different charger? This assumes your phone came with a USB cable and separate charger block.

Google did not return many helpful solutions to others reporting this problem in other forums. One of the Motorola troubleshooting recommendations is to try booting the phone in Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app is causing the problem. Here’s a link on how to enable in Safe Mode –

Safe Mode does not remove any apps, just disables the 3rd party apps. Sometimes a new app can be an issue and even a recent update can be a problem. Let’s see if this helps. If it does, we can start eliminating apps one by one until we find the offending app.

Let’s also see if any of the other Members have experienced this issue and can provide a solution.

1 Like

It’s fixed

@rosep.n9v51w - that’s great!

Can you share what you did to fix it? Just might help someone else in the Community that’s having the same problem. Even something as simple as a reboot or a bad charger connection might help point them in the right direction.

I held down the power button for 2 minutes.

A force restart on the device can do wonderful things. Two minutes can seem like forever when you’re waiting :smiley:

Thanks for sharing!

Message an
Expert customer