Moto G7 constantly dropping calls

What phone do you have? Moto G7

What plan are you on? 1gb data plan

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

My wife’s moto G7 has had constant issues with dropping calls in our home. This happens on both wifi and cell. We’ve had the issue the whole time we’ve had the phone, which is a couple of years now. When my wife needs to make a call, she uses my phone. My phone is a Moto G5 plus, and does not drop calls on wifi or cell in our home. The wifi coverage is very good in the home. I tried searching for others with the same issue and was unable to find help that I could understand. The dropped calls happen both when calling and receiving calls. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change to make it work as well as the G5? Or is the phone just garbage?

Hi @bholt3 and welcome back to the Member Community. There are a couple of things you can try.

Start by making sure the phone has the latest OS updates.

The second item is more troubleshooting and not a permanent fix –

Report back if any of this helps. Others may have some questions and suggestions too!

The OS had all the latest updates already. The handover to wifi box was already checked as well. Not sure if you were saying I should uncheck the box? The issue has happened with wifi completely off so no handover would have been possible, and it has also happened when on wifi with no apparent interruption to the signal. Also wanted to add, there are no issues on the phone with performing any other function (web, apps, voicemail, text, etc), only issues with dropping active calls.

If I checked the specs on the two phones, assuming each are the base G5 or G7, the best working one (G5) is two years older?
You might try these two Help Articles

Yes the G5 plus is older. I did both of the things in the articles you suggested with the G7, but not sure how to tell if it worked to fix the issue.

One or both may help, and I would guess that your wife will let you know if it’s not any better (it would provide an immediate help if any)

Message an
Expert customer