Moto G7 Play contacts? - suddenly black background w/ hideous candy colored dots!

What phone do you have? Moto G7 Play

What plan are you on? Basic

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? All above

Suddenly my phone contacts page changed appearance to an ugly black background with ridiculous candy-colored dots. Was this the result of an auto update? I hate the look of it. Please people, don’t you have anything better to do? I wish companies would stop changing things I’m OK with, and have just got used to! (This includes the stupid auto-fading pop-up texting keyboard – annoying as ■■■■!)

end of rant! –

Issue Description

Hi @davidh.66j1ud,

For the sake of clarity any change wouldn’t be something Republic chose to do. Other than its own app required for service, all software that came with the phone is put there and/or updated by the manufacturer or Google.

With that said, would you mind posting a screenshot of the altered contacts page? It sounds like dark mode may have been enabled but as someone has said, a picture can be worth a thousand words. If needed, here’s how:

Hi @davidh.66j1ud

Please try the following:

Open the Contacts app
Touch the three bars in the upper left corner of the app screen.
Select “Settings”
Go to the “Display” section and select Theme
Make sure “Dark” is not selected - use “Light” if you always want it to be light.

3 Likes

Thanks! It worked. (I guess it happened because I selected battery saver awhile back without thinking.)
I guess there’s no way to change to goofy colored buttons, is there?

…anyway, thanks again!
David

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer