Moto G7 Play gone from Republic Wireless store

So, over the past week or so I’ve been debating whether to buy the Moto G7 Play or a different phone. I just noticed that the G7 Play disappeared from the Republic Wireless store sometime this weekend. It’s not just backordered like the Samsung Galaxy A series phones; it’s completely gone.

I wondered, “Why would the phone be gone?” On a hunch, I searched for Moto G8 and see that there’s a rumored Moto G8 release event in Brazil on Thursday, Oct. 24. There are also some rumored details about the Moto G8 Plus and Moto G8 Play.

How long is the usual lag between a new phone being released and it becoming available through Republic Wireless, either as a supported BYOP or actually sold through the RW store?

Where did the Moto G7 Play phone go in the store? Is it no longer available suddenly?

Hi @nlpeet,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I’m not sure why it isn’t showing up in the catalog of phones, but at this time the phone is still available here: Motorola moto g⁷ play - Prices, Features, Reviews – Republic Wireless

I’ll ask our website team to look into why it’s not listed with the other phones, early next week.

1 Like

Hi @jamesp.ueanfw and @nlpeet

I’m now seeing the G7 Play listed in our online store at The Best Android Phone For You – Republic Wireless – Republic Wireless. Do you now see it when the catalog of phones loads?

@jamesp.ueanfw, to answer your question about lag time, we generally like to try to stock out of one model before the next model is available, but there’s no set-in-concrete timeframe. The hope as each phone model is replaced by the manufacturer is that we’ll neither have an abundance of the old model when the new model is available, nor have a period of time between models when phones in that price range and feature set are unavailable.

1 Like

Yes, I see it now. I see a total of 15 phones, in case any others are missing from the store.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Note 10+ compatibility

Message an
Expert customer