Moto G7 Play no notification sound when messaging app is closed

Hi freddyp,
I was having the same problem as amyb with my G7 Play (1 gig plan) and your fix has partially worked. I now get the sound when I have the app open, but when I close the app the sound doesn’t work. Any ideas?
Thanks.

There have been reported problems with sounds that were fixed by changing from the default sound, and I believe some could return to default if wanted

1 Like

Just tried that, and tried a couple of different sounds. It won’t play my new sound and sometimes changes back to the default. Also, it is not always making a sound even with the message app open.

Hi @phylliss.a80e8k,

I’ve moved your posts to their own topic so they can receive the attention they deserve. Solved topics are less likely to receive attention from the Community’s top problem-solvers.

Have you ever installed an app that is mean to help you manage your ringtones?

Hi Southpaw,
Thank you for setting me up with my own topic. I recently downloaded “Zedge” to try to get a new ringtone. And I have tried to use one of their tones for my notifications, but it would not work either. Should I uninstall?

Hello @phylliss.a80e8k

Yes. Please uninstall Zedge.
It is known to cause issues with Republic Wireless:

1 Like

Uninstalled and restarted phone. Was still not working…tried changing the tone, turned vibrate on and off. Finally unchecked the “background tasks” box and it seems to be working. Fingers crossed!

Message an
Expert customer