Moto g7 play not turning on

What phone do you have? Moto g7 play

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1G data

Issue Description

I left my phone on overnight, and it was working just fine when I woke up this morning. When I went to bed, it was at 95% charge, but I didn’t notice the charge this morning. After half an hour, the phone shut down and now won’t turn on. It’s been plugged in for 2 hours. I’ve held the power button for 45 seconds. Nothing. I’ve held the power button and volume down button for 130 seconds. Nothing. I’ve blown away any dust in the charging jack. Nothing.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi @acmuro and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the circumstances. Please try holding the power button only down for as long as 2 minutes releasing the power button before that only if the screen responds or the phone vibrates. Did your phone reboot?

I just tried holding down power button alone for over 2 minutes. Nothing.

Hi @acmuro,

i’m very sorry to hear that. I’m further sorry to say, you’re looking at repair or replacement.

May we know when the phone was purchased? And, was it purchased from Republic directly or a third party retailer?

Hi @acmuro

This is a long shot… but do you have a case on the phone? If so remove it an give one more try to restart the phone. I had a case on my phone (happen to be a Moto G7) and it would not start up till I removed it.

Worth a shot :wink:

Darn. I purchased it from Republic 11/19/19. And I already tried removing the case. Thanks, anyway.

Hi @acmuro,

There’s a bit of a silver lining in that you do have a potential warranty claim. Since the phone was purchased from Republic, I suggest opening a ticket for further assistance.

2 Likes

thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer