Moto G7 Power Notification sounds and Vibrate not working

Hello, over the past few days I’ve been having issues receiving notification sounds or vibrate sounds on my Moto G7. Initially it started with my phone not being able to vibrate excepting when I turned on the phone. When I tried to look around my settings to fix that, all of a sudden my text messages would not make a notification sound either. I have notification sounds for email, but that’s it. When I receive incoming calls that works as well (and the vibrate works then too), but otherwise it’s not working for texts which is what I need.

I made sure that notifications were enabled, sound was on, and that it wasn’t in “do not disturb” mode, but I’m not sure what to do… Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi @marys.jmbccq and welcome to the Member Community. Sounds like you have checked several settings but let’s go over a few just to make sure.

This link has steps for turing silent mode on and off

Also worth going to settings>sound and make sure volumes are turned up

Volume%20Screenshot

Others may have some suggestions too!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, the volume on all options are at maximum and it isn’t on silent mode either. I’m not sure where to proceed from here…

Hi @marys.jmbccq

Humm, well if you checked all the above setting that @freddyp has suggested and looked to see that Do not Disturb is off. I would go to the settings of your texting app and look to see if you have a sound associated for a text.

1 Like

Earlier today I ran into an odd situation, my Moto X4 would not display any method to answer an incoming call … Perhaps the ‘fix’ my work for you?
:settingsicon: Android Settings / System / Advanced / Reset options then 'Reset app preferences’

3 Likes

@marys.jmbccq - Here are the settings for the Google Messages app Google%20Messages%20Icon from my G6.

Open Google Messages App>Tap three dots upper right

Settings>Notifications>Show Notifications toggle on

Then scroll to down to Default

Show Notifications toggle is on
Behavior – Make sound and pop up on screen

Advanced>Check assigned sound
Vibrate toggle

Hope this helps! @jben might also have hit upon a solution above. Please let us know if either of these fixes things :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all of your help!

Sadly none of the tips have resolved the problem… I’ve attached a screenshot so you could see it on my end. I had a semi-recent update for messages and I noticed as shown in the screenshot that category was deleted, but I’ve no idea what it was.

Would you all recommend that I uninstall the update and reinstall it? Or do you think a factory reset is needed?

Hi @marys.jmbccq,

Do you see notifications at the top of the screen when you get a text message, and there’s just no sound or vibration, or is there not even a visual notification when a new text arrives?

Hi @southpaw,

Before I would get a little pop-up preview showing the contacts picture and part of their message on the top of the screen when I’m using the phone, now all I receive is the little message icon on the upper left corner next to the Republic Wireless logo. When I’m not using the phone and I open it I do receive a preview on the main screen before unlocking my phone.

Also when I’m actively texting someone and they send me a text while I’m still on their chat, it will make the notification sound. But otherwise it won’t give me the pop-up preview or make a sound/vibrate.

On the screen (that you included in your screenshot)
tap on “Other Notification”

That should give you a category called “Behavior” and that should let you set up the sound setting.

5 Likes

Thank you, @amitl!! That did it!

2 Likes

I have a similar situation to @marys.jmbccq, so please do not delete this thread till I ck if any of these will help with my issue. Thank you very much and have a lovely day!

Mesh

Message an
Expert customer