Moto G7 Power that doesn't work

I just got a Moto G7 Power and when I turn it on it just shows me the phone nothing else?

Hi @hipcowboy420!
(love the handle! :grin:)

I’m not sure what

means. Do you mean the Moto display shows but does not continue booting up? Or the screen is dark?
Is there a SIM installed yet?
:thinking:

3 Likes

There’s a sims card already installed. And when I boot up just the clock appears and when you swipe down the phone dailer shows up. And that’s it. No apps and no way to go anywhere else. Now I got it coping my account from my old phone. But it been coping for about 5 minutes now. It’s not coping it just keeps trying to connect but doesn’t.

Hi @hipcowboy420 - just to clarify, you’re are getting the following Moto Display screen?

And from here the only thing the display will do is respond to a swipe down? Not sure what phone you are replacing, but there are different swipe actions depending on what version of Android you have. The latest should respond to a swipe up.

Another question - During the setup process, did you add a passcode, pattern, or fingerprint to lock your device?

My wife’s MotoG6 Moto Display does not respond well when it’s plugged into a charger. Don’t know why, but when unplugged it’s works great. Might try unplugging the phone and swipe up to see if you can get to the desktop.

Just a few suggestions to get to the desktop before even starting to address copying any files. I’m a little confused about the copying indications if you can’t get to the desktop. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I believe I’ve got it! Thank you! Peace

1 Like

When you get a chance, could you elaborate on how you fixed your issue…so that future visitors to the forums can benefit from the solution?

I am horrible with computers. But it was all trial and error. LOL!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer