Moto Gen 1 updated recently, Rebooting constantly

What phone do you have?
Moto X Gen 1
What plan are you on?
Data 1 GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
yes

Issue Description

I updated to the new version of operating system about a month ago. The phone has rebooted often since the update. I then have to power it down because the strange message finding storage card appears. My wife has same phone but has not done the update and will not.

So sorry to hear of your issues with your Moto X 1 gen rebooting. Please try clearing Android System Cache Partition and possibly this may clear up:

As it has been 2 years since the OS was updated by Republic, you would probably be best served if you did a review of Moto X (1st Gen.) Lollipop 5.1 System Update.
This document outlines the things that should have been considered before as well of some post update things.

Hi littletoucan, I just performed the clearing.

jben, Not the op system but the recent version I think. I will check the document. Thank you.

ok, I see there was another Moto G and X (1st Gen.) SMR Updates … it also points to the same doc as before, so hopefully there will be something in there to try

it was the security patch of Oct 2017. System = 25.211.1 and Build Number = NPHS25.200-23-1 ??

Any improvements?

has not rebooted yet… so hopeful…

Ok, I’m here if it starts to behave badly again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.