Moto One 5g Ace & sprint sim card

Will the Moto One G Ace work with the Sprint Sim as I have had zero luck in the past with the T-mobile sim or are the incorporated smoothly yet?

A few things on this:

1. Yes, the Moto One 5G Ace can take a CDMA (Sprint) SIM
  2. The networks are getting incorporated but aren’t fully yet
  3. The CDMA SIMs are going away. We don’t know when yet, and I’m sure once Republic has a firm date, they’ll let us know. I expect it’ll be before the end of the year.
  4. Hopefully all of Sprint’s network will be transitioned to T-Mobile by then, but since T-Mobile is turning off 35,000 former Sprint towers it is possible there will be some loss of coverage in the final combined network (though most of these towers are redundant to coverage T-Mobile already had).
2 Likes

He @jasonk.h0bd3m,

Just to be sure there’s no confusion, we have multiple versions of our CDMA SIM card, and the Moto One 5G Ace will only work with one of those versions, and (to complicate matters more) an active CDMA SIM card cannot be moved from one phone to another. So if you do buy this phone, you’ll probably need to contact our coverage team to get a new SIM card for it.

1 Like

I’m aware of that, this would be the 4th phone I’ve had to get a new sim card for. I was just wondering if this would still be the case?

Jason

Hi @jasonk.h0bd3m,

Sounds like you’re well-informed and @louisdi’s answer covers your question, then.

Message an
Expert customer