Moto phone compatibility question

I have to get a new phone because my old phone bricked. Is the “Motorola Moto G7 Power (64GB, 4GB RAM) Dual SIM 6.2” 4G LTE (GSM Only) Factory Unlocked Smartphone International Model XT1955-2 (Marine Blue)" sold on Amazon compatible with Republic?

Thanks

Hi @goldenmind108 and thanks for dropping back into the Community with your question!

No international or dual SIM phone is currently compatible with Republic. Republic’s unique (sufficiently unique to be patented) blended WiFi/cell service requires one of the carrier agnostic factory unlocked phones listed here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help. You’ll want to be certain the phone you wish to bring is an exact model number (and in some cases build number match) for those listed.

This Republic Help Center document walks you through the entire process of bringing a phone sourced elsewhere to Republic: How to Bring Your Own Phone to Republic Wireless (BYOP) – Republic Help.

Even better is this contribution from a fellow member (Republic likes to call customers members) linked here: How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone.

The above said, may we have some additional information on the bricked phone? What is its brand, model and generation, please?

2 Likes

Thanks for your response.

Bricked phone was a Moto G5 Plus bought from Amazon. I was using it with your service. When I buy a new phone, should a get a new sim card?

Thanks,

Marcus

Hi @goldenmind108,

You may or may not be able to use the SIM currently residing in your Moto G5 Plus. Please remove and examine that SIM.

If the lettering for the word Republic is a mix of green and black it will move to another Republic compatible phone. If the lettering for the word Republic is all gray or all black, it’s CDMA and we’ll need to provide further insight.

As for the bricked phone, this is a shot in the dark, however, have you tried holding the power button down for what will seem to be an inordinately long period of time (up to two minutes), then release the power button when the screen lights up or you feel the phone vibrate? Doing so might force it to restart.

1 Like

The card is green and black so it looks like it will move to another Republic compatible phone.

Your suggestion seemed to work, but the screen is too damaged for me to type my password in.
I’ll have to replace the screen.

Thanks!

Marcus

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer