Moto Stylus & Moto Power (G8)

I see lots of articles today about new Moto phone releases, what would have been the Moto G8 Power and Moto G8 Stylus, but I guess they decided to stop with the numbers. I have a Moto G7 Power with a cracked screen I’m just trying to limp along - any idea how long RW takes to add a new phone to it’s lineup?

Hi @marilynp,

Sorry to hear that your screen is broken.

There’s no hard and fast timeline. Sometimes the manufacturer has allowed a specific carrier to have exclusive rights to launch the phone for a period of time. Sometimes it takes us a little time to certify the phone can be used with our service in conjunction with each of our carriers, something that varies depending on the level of cooperation we get with each carrier and the phone manufacturer.

2 Likes

I have a similar situation as Marilyn, and would like to hold out for the stylus. I have a BYOP Moto X4 (with RW SIM) Would like to do the same with Moto G Stylus as soon as it drops, if supported by RW. So my question is not if RW will have the phone to sell, but will it be compatible immediately? I hope since it is still a “G” series, that will be the case, but I know that is not always the way it goes… Do we already know if the Stylus will indeed work as a BYOP? If not, will we not know until RW actually has phones to sell or sooner? Thanks!

Hi @keitht.vh1pci,

We do not yet know if or when Republic will support these phones. History tells us, however, if Republic supports them for sale in its online store and/or BYOP, the announcement would be here: Announcements & News - Member Community.

Republic has announced phones supported for BYOP only (without also offering them for sale in its online store) there in the past.

2 Likes

Hi @marilynp and @keitht.vh1pci !

Take a look at the following announcements: Moto G8 Power is now available in the Republic Wireless online store! and Moto G Stylus is now supported for BYOP .

Interested to find out if Republic will offer the Moto G Stylus and the cost.

Hi @deonnaa.l0908g - I’m just another member with no inside track on RW plans. RW doesn’t really share future plans. Updates are posted as announcements here: Announcements & News - Member Community

You can also use the “Notify” button at the top of the #news page to make sure you are notified when something new is posted in the category.

Here’s a thread you might also find interesting –

Anything else I say would be conjecture mixed with some hope. Don’t know if anyone else has anything to share. They will certainly jump in if they do

1 Like

It’s likely it will be offered and in the past Republic has priced phones near the published retail prices.

Hi @deonnaa.l0908g!

The Moto G Stylus is now supported! See Moto G Stylus is now supported for BYOP .

Anyone [Southpaw?] have any idea when and if RW is going to sanction use of the new 2020 Moto Power phones, which are now available for pre-order on the Motorola website for $249?

HI @awolf!

As of now, Republic does not support either of those phones. However, Republic has a history of working with Motorola, so I would fully expect for Republic to support at least the Moto G Power in the next few months.

That being said, unofficially , they are supposed to be carrying both those phones on April 16th according to media outlets (see this article from the Verge ). However, I reiterate that Republic has NOT announced a release date so it may or may not actually be released by Republic on that date (or at all for that matter).

New phone announcements will appear in the following thread in case you want to keep tabs on announcements: Announcements & News - Member Community .

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been with RW since almost the beginning so I’m familiar with the new phone policy and really didn’t expect to get anything definitive. :roll_eyes: It was the *Verge article *that prompted me to ask the question, “when and if.” Have a good one and stay safe!

1 Like

@awolf Moto G8 Power is now available in the Republic Wireless online store! .

Has anyone heard when Republic Wireless will be selling (allowing) the use of the new Motos: Moto G Power and Moto Stylus? I want to upgrade from my 5GS, but want to skip the models that Republic has for sale on their website. Do you think if I buy one of the two new models from Motorola or Amazon it would work with my plan (I kind of live in the sticks in central Wisconsin).?

Hi @janett.wteeb4!

As of now, Republic does not support either of those phones. However, Republic has a history of working with Motorola, so I would fully expect for Republic to support at least the Moto G Power in the next few months.

That being said, unofficially, they are supposed to be carrying both those phones on April 16th according to media outlets (see this article from the Verge ). However, I reiterate that Republic has NOT announced a release date so it may or may not actually be released by Republic on that date (or at all for that matter).

If I were you, I would just hold out a month or so and see if Republic announces support for one (or both) of those phones. After they announce support for the phone, you can buy it. Usually, the phones from Amazon will work if the are the North American, factory unlocked variant. If and when the phones are officially supported, we’ll have model numbers/SKUs for you to ensure that the phone will work. Until then, I would not buy anything.

New phone announcements will appear in the following thread in case you want to keep tabs on announcements: Announcements & News - Member Community .

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

3 Likes

Very Helpful. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for when Republic starts supporting the new phones. Thanks!

Hi @janett.wteeb4!

Good news! As of today, both are supported! Please see the following announcements: Moto G Stylus is now supported for BYOP and Moto G8 Power is now available in the Republic Wireless online store! .

1 Like

Is there an expected date when the Moto G Power will be available again? Wife and I need to update our Moto phones, and that’s the one we’d like to get.

Hi Eric,

Welcome to our Member Community.

At this time the item is listed as “out of stock” rather than backordered, and no further shipments are anticipated.

You can buy the phone directly from Motorola.

Hi @ericm.mfparw,

I have to correct what I wrote last night. I’ve just been notified that we do have another order out there, but we do not yet have a firm commitment from the supplier as to when they will be available. At this time we’re hoping to be able to restock our store in the later half of May.

Message an
Expert customer