Moto X 1st Gen 13 viruses window pops

Up And says my Moto X has won something. How do I delete the windows and stop them? I managed to get screen shots of the two that constantly pop up, using vibrate mode. Sometimes, it says there are 13 viruses, and instructs me to download a cleaner. How can I get rid of the windows that pop up when I use the browser? I believe it is Chrome.

Hi @feetup,

First your phone isn’t suffering from a virus but rather from an advertising hoax that’s highjacked your web browser. If you haven’t already tried it, sometimes a restart of the phone will clear things up. If not, please try the following:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap Chrome.
  4. Tap Force Stop and confirm by tapping OK.
  5. Tap Clear Cache.

If that doesn’t banish the unwanted ads, repeat steps 1-4, then:

1. Tap Manage Space.
  2. Tap Clear All Data.

You’ll lose saved information such as passwords, bookmarks and other saved settings but it should get rid of the pop-ups.

Thank you! That makes sense, now that I have a platform to start from. I couldn’t find the path that would remedy the problem and it kept saying I had either 2 or 13 viruses and to download DFNDER to battle the viruses and take them off the phone. I will see how it goes today, so hope it is now gone!!

Thank you, thank you!!

Message an
Expert customer