Moto X 1st Gen Remembers Old Wifi Networks But Doesn't Remember New WiFi Networks

getting_help

I use a 1st Gen Moto X on the Republic Refund Plan.

My phone has had a problem for a while now where it does not remember new wifi networks. It still remembers and automatically connects to (most) networks that were previously saved on the phone, but when I connect to a new network it will only remember it until I connect to a differenet new network.

I thought that maybe there might be a maximum limit on how many networks the phone will save so I “forgot” some of my saved networks that I use less frequently, but this turned out to be a mistake because now those networks get treated the same as any other new network as described above.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I never upgraded this phone to Lollipop, so it is still running KitKat.

There is no set limit to the number of Networks your phone can hold. It’s a matter if the phone has enough memory space to function properly.

You probably need to clear the Android System Cache/Partition. Please go to Settings > About Phone > What does it say under Android Version?

I suspect you’ll either see 4.4.4 or 4.4.2

You probably need to clear the Android System Cache/Partition. Please go to Settings > About Phone > What does it say under Android Version?

I suspect you’ll either see 4.4.4 or 4.4.2

Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry I took so long to get back to you. I didn’t mean to post and run but I’ve been travelling for business for the past couple months and just haven’t had time.

To answer your question, I am on Android Version 4.4.4.

You are correct that my phone is running low on available memory, so I will try to clear up some memory to see if that helps. BTW, how much available memory do I need to have for everything to work properly?

My general rule is 500 MB of available storage. In my experience, once you get much below 300 MB things get screwy. You mileage may vary. Clearing the cache (both Android system and app caches) may get you the space you need:

Thank you for those useful instructions on clearing the system cache.