Today, October 19, we began the Security Manufacturer Release (SMR) soak for the Moto X (2nd Gen.). If all goes well with the soak, we’ll release to production at 100% on November 15, 2016. Please see below for release notes and instructions on how to install this update.
Moto X (2nd Gen.) SMR
SMR Basic Info:
- Build Number: LPE23.32-39-R-42
- System Version: 23.11.42.victara_repw.repw.en.US Sprint
- Update Size: TBD
- Lock screen security vulnerability - Closes a potential security vulnerability that involves the lock screen.
- Updated Android security patch - Brings your phone up to Android Security patch level 2016-08-01.
- Stability Improvements - Includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
Installing the Update
Please review our How to Install System Updates (From Lollipop) guide and follow the instructions for what you need to need to do before, during, and after installing a system update and for any troubleshooting steps. If you continue to run into issues, please contact Republic Help.