Moto X 2nd Gen won't connect to wi-fi during initial setup

What phone do you have?
Moto X 2nd Generation. Just bought used off ebay, previously used on Republic Wireless.

What plan are you on?
None on this phone yet. Getting ready to set it up so I can activate it. Plan to get refund 05. GB plan.

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Will have 0.5 GB data, but again, not activated and set up yet., nothing on this phone yet.

Issue Description

I took it out of the package, powered it on, and went through the welcome screen. I got to the part where it says “Select Wi-Fi network” and chose my network, then entered my password for it. It shows it in the list of networks as “Saved”. When I click on it again and choose connect, nothing happens. Or when I touch “Skip” at the bottom, it gives me a warning about cellular data and then I choose “Don’t skip” and it goes back to where I was. I need to figure out if this is something I can fix or if I should return the phone for a refund.

Moto 4e Plus does not stay connected (to anything) for more than a few seconds

Try to “Forget” the network and connect to it again.
You can also try restarting your router and see if that fixes it.
You can also try another WiFi network, just in case you continue to have issues with your home network. Any WiFi network, including a nearby Starbucks or McDonalds can be used for the activation process.

The base plan is $10/mo which includes only talk and text. The smallest data plan
is $17.50/mo which include 0.5GB of data. Full plan details are over here

1 Like

The “Forget” and connecting again seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Good luck with the rest of the activation process!
Let us know if you run into any other issues.

2 Likes
closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer