Moto x pure not getting nougat

just saw that moto x phones have been taken off the list of phones to be upgraded to 7.0!

so my newly purchased pure edition stuck on 6.0?

i checked prior to buying the x vs z…ugh!

where did you hear this (not saying it true or not just need source (I check Motorola site and it still stating it will get it but there are slow to update)

Deleted entry … I cited the wrong source … see the comment by @rolandh

All Motorola Devices Which Will Get Android N 7.0 Nougat update

Motorola 5 months ago 327 Comments

Link is not a Moto link and above article is 5 months old.

If op info true can see a class action suite in many eyes.

Hi @13iron,

For what it’s worth, Motorola’s official blog still lists the the Moto X Pure among the phones to receive Nougat: N is for Nougat: Android 7.0 is coming to your favorite Moto phones - The Official Motorola Blog.

Thanks and following link in page found this. Until I see otherwise will be waiting for the big N.

MOTO X PURE EDITION (2015)

This device will be upgraded to the Android 7 (Nougat) release, pending partner support.

Do you have the latest Motorola software? Find out.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE

The information contained herein is provided for information purposes only and is intended only to describe Motorola Mobility’s current plans regarding potential upgrades or updates to the operating systems on its Android-powered devices and is, therefore, subject to change. The information communicated is not a commitment or an obligation to deliver any product, product feature, software upgrade or functionality and Motorola Mobility reserves the right to change the content and timing of any product, product feature or software release. The software functionality and features provided by a specific version of the Android operating system may vary by device and manufacturer.

Want to view results for another country?.

The interesting thing about that is I have no idea what partners Motorola might be referring to. The Pure part of the Moto X Pure was intended to emphasize that the Pure was carrier agnostic.

Had the same thought upon reading. That may just be standard cut n paste verbiage they use to help explain the wait? Doubt they could clear many unlocked phones for updates if all carriers/providers needed to sign off on it.

Release date of Android 7 upgrade for Moto G and Moto Z phones is this month (December 2016). All Moto X phones will be early 2017.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/motorola-confirms-when-android-7-0-nougat-hits-a-couple-of-smartphones-510823.shtml

I’m running it just fine

Moto X Pure 2015 XT1575 with CM 14.1 based on Android 7.1.1 (security patches up to Dec 8, 2016) and opengapps 7.1 arm64. Yes it works with Republic 3.0 and everything on the phone works.

@phillipn.o37ifm,

Do the community a favor … open a discussion with an appropriate title, like … Moto X Pure with CyanogenMod-7.1 (Nougat) !!!

and then elaborate and share your experience.

I can confirm that the AICP 12.1 (nougat) ROM with opengapps 7.1 (20161230) arm64 also works on my moto x pure. I tried it since CM officially is done and Lineage OS isn’t up and rolling yet.

@muerte33

LineageOS 14.1 | Phandroid

rolandh wrote:

The interesting thing about that is I have no idea what partners Motorola might be referring to. The Pure part of the Moto X Pure was intended to emphasize that the Pure was carrier agnostic.

While normally we think of carriers as partner support when updating phones, a manufacturer also has many other partners it has to work with to develop a phone. Pending partner support can also include partners such as other chip makers which have to update drivers for the new OS update.

List of devices getting official LineageOS Roms [ Full ] - LineageOS ROMs | LineageOS ROM Download

Message an
Expert customer