Moto X Pure Sim card

My Moto G has been acting up a lot. My nephew is sending me his Moto X Pure, but he’s keeping the SIM card. I’m told I need a 3.0 SIM card, but don’t know if I need a GSM or CDMA. What do I do now?

The SIM card used to bring your own phone must start as GSM. Should you find cellular coverage to not be great in your area, open a ticket and staff will work with you and has the ability to send a SIM card configured for CDMA (Sprint). Which generation is your old Moto G?

Bottom line, for now you will need a new SIM card, get one here: Republic Wireless SIM Card Kit | Republic Wireless

This will be a GSM SIM, it’s the only SIM you can get for your phone, to start.

Finally, if coverage is bad later support can send you a CDMA SIM.

here is Republic’s coverage map for GSM
here is Republic’s coverage map for CDMA

I will note that the Legacy Moto G and Moto G 3rd where on CDMA {Sprint}, while the 3.0 phones Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus, Moto G4 Play, Moto G5 Plus, and Moto G5S Plus could be on either network partner
the Republic BYOD SIM is GSM {T-Mobile} and if you feel you need CDMA {Sprint} coverage then the you need to open a ticket and request a CDMA SIM

Thank-you louisdi for your help. I’ve ordered the GSM SIM card kit. I can’t wait to transfer my information from my Moto G to my new Moto X Pure.

no need to wait to start the transfer of data