Moto X Pure Sim not recognized

In Chicago and my moto x pure all of a sudden doesn’t recognize the SIM card that it came with. The help has not been great…been an RW CUSTOMER SINCE THE beginning. Is there anything I can do? It’s going to be a crappy day in Chicago without cell service. Nothing like going back to the Stone Age.

Hi @tods,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties!

Please forgive the screamingly obvious question but have you tried turning off the phone, removing and reseating the SIM, then powering up the phone?

You mention the help not being great, so you have an open ticket with Republic? If so, may we know your ticket number (no confidential information is revealed by providing it) and how long its’ been since you last heard from staff on your ticket. If uncertain, both pieces of information may be retrieved when signed into your Republic account here: Republic Help.

Finally, it would help Community to best help you, if we knew what steps (either on your own or with Republic support’s assistance) you’ve already taken. In particular, specific error messages (if any) might be helpful.

1159312 Ticket number and yes I have tried everything under the sun. The funny thing is sometimes on restart it gets service and then says sim not recognized

Hi @tods,

I’m sorry to say your ticket number is being blocked by a forum feature designed to protect folks from inadvertantly disclosing their phone number on a public Internet forum. Would you be kind enough to repeat your ticket number, after first clicking the < / > button to the right of the quote button on the toolbar? It would also help to know when you last heard from Republic staff on that ticket.

Meanwhile, I’m unable to know what everything under the sun is, however, have you tried these steps:

“VoIP” your phone. Video demonstration here:

At Settings -> Data usage; please be certain Cellular data is toggled on.

At Settings -> More -> Cellular networks; please be certain Data roaming is toggled on.

Lastly reset Network Settings. Please know this step will clear out any saved connections for WiFi and Bluetooth. To do so:

At Settings -> Backup & reset -> Network settings reset; read the warning then tap “Reset Settings.” You will be warned a second time. Tap “Reset Settings” to confirm. The process will usually take 5-10 seconds and the cellular signal bars icon will go away for a moment. Once the cell signal bars icon returns, please restart your phone.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer