Moto X Pure Update PRL

coverage

After recently moving from Arizona to North Carolina I have noticed less functionality on my Moto X Pure. Cell coverage is very spotty and almost non existent at my new home. I have not been able to find out how to update my PRL, I am assuming that may help my spotty coverage. Typical instructions on updating my PRL does not work on this phone. I followed the online steps, but the update PRL option never appears. Thanks for any help you may have.

Pete

0 Likes

Hi @olephil,

Welcome to North Carolina!!

I see that a couple of other members are replying, so I’ll let them give you the required steps, just wanted to welcome you.

3 Likes

Are you sure you’re on the CDMA partner (the Moto X Pure can be on either the CDMA or GSM partner and GSM doesn’t do PRL).

Dial *#*#7867#*#* and if you seed a Sprint sub-menu you are on the CDMA partner else you’re on the GSM partner.

2 Likes

Request - User Friendly Support Note Answer - Is My Phone On RW's GSM Or CDMA Network?

Installing SignalCheck Lite from the Play store is usually an other easy way to check which network you’re on.
…

3 Likes

(I saw you and @drm186 were replying, so I aborted my post, :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

If you do not mind posting past/current zip codes we can check for you to see if your move has changed your coverage significantly.

2 Likes

If you are using our GSM provider then there is no PRL update option. That would be normal.

2 Likes

And to follow up on @seanr’s comment, if coverage is an issue, our support team would be glad to look into whether a new SIM card would provide improved coverage. Please let us know.

3 Likes

Apparently after doing the test to see which network I am on, I must be on the GSM network. Thanks sooo much for all the good advice, it is very comforting to know that such great people are out there to help. I am moving from 85086 to 28469, so maybe I do need a new SIM card. You folks are the greatest.

Thanks sooo much,

Pete

2 Likes

Welcome to the area. I see you are near Wilmywood, so you will do much better with a CDMA SIM Card. If you haven’t already done so, put in a help ticket for a CDMA SIM. When we travel down 53 and 210, my wife (has a MXP) gets good Cell Data until we get to the Maple Hill area.

gap

3 Likes

Message an
Expert customer